- The president made a policy white people must return their land and assets by force.
- All foreigners gone, the country was closed
- Local people had no skills for agriculture, plus draught happened, resulting shortage of food production
- No food, so the price for food got very expensive
- No money, so banks printed lots of money
- President made a law all sellers had to sell cheap. Many lost jobs. Still no goods
- Money lost value. This is not the end
- People started to commit crimes like robbing, police didn’t work, became dangerous
- Almost no value on local currency so it was banned to use it in 2015 and instead USD or South African Rand are used today.
Exchange rate for 1 USD was 35,000,000,000,000,000 Zimbabwe dollars in 2015.